Sunday 11 March 2018

One Of Our Planes Is Missing


I admit, I was tempted.... 

With this weekend's March of Nations: U.S.S.R event, premium aircraft (but oddly, not the regular tech tree offerings) went on sale. Although I wasn't overly interested in the lower tiered stuff, my eyes did fall on the last four planes on the list.

The P-39Q-15 has always called to me, but with the recent acquisition of the American P-39-N, that call has been answered by another. The La-9RD struck me as something different to try, however the Kostikov 302 rips through the sky and distracts me. For a fleeting moment, I consider the I-260, then the very similar in role and specification Me 109TL taps me on the shoulder and that thought passes. Finally, the RB-17 could bring a very big change in playstyle, racing at the upper limits of the atmosphere, dropping explosive packages to earthbound targets. I pass on this too, since I have this strange feeling that something has happened with bombers that certain folks aren't discussing (I could be wrong).

Despite all of that, there is a premium plane from the former Soviet Union I would like to get my hands on..


It was called the La-150.

During Update 0.4.3, back in May 2013, the La-9 was moved to Tier VIII (the La-7 was introduced to tier VII, previously a La-5 upgrade) and the La-150 was pulled from the game, never to be seen again. Rumors have been circulating ever since about the La-150 possibly returning as a premium, still sporting 250 hitpoints and armed with 2X 23mm cannons.

Perhaps someday....

No comments:

Post a Comment