Tuesday 2 January 2018

Year of the Bombers?


If I was to make a prediction about World of Warplanes in 2018, I would be tempted to call it "Year of the Bombers."

With the recent addition of these six aircraft, starting with the Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV (early mod.), Dornier Do 17 Z, Junkers Ju 88 A, Dornier Do 217 M Douglas A-26B Invader and ending with the Myasishchev RB-17, the first bombers are here and have already made their mark in the game, creating more than a few discussions on the forums.

The questions now are, when are more coming and how many?

In the meantime, I will take out my only bomber, the Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV (early mod.) and try to get the crew trained up more, in anticipation of additional British aircraft from this line appearing (I have no hard evidence or even a good rumor to share about if/when this is going to happen). Some planes I would like to see include the Avro Manchester, Bristol Buckingham, Handley Page Hampden (already ingame as a bot controlled asset), Vickers Warwick and Wellington and that only covers a few of the twin engine types!

As for the German offerings, I will wander that way when they become available as regular tech tree aircraft in an update or two, but I am still somewhat disappointed I didn't get the chance to preview these through the Santa Bags or Loot Boxes..

The only rumor I have heard goes back to the Beta Days, someday there could very well be Heavy Bombers in the game. Will they be player or bot controlled? Who can say for sure, but if a certain iconic, four engine legend ever appears....well, let's just see if that ever comes to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment