Monday 18 December 2017

Testing Out A Curiosity


Could a Heavy Fighter be a decent stand-in for a Bomber?

With the advanced, confirmed insight to the upcoming 2.0.2 Update, I went ahead to test that very theory out. Reading through the list of new German Bombers, one caught my eye, the tier IV Dornier Do 17 Z. Wait a minute here....there is a tier III Dornier Do 17 Z-7 Kauz Heavy Fighter already in the game! I suppose reusing the same game model, with some slight changes, could be a developmental time saver.

Nevertheless, I loaded up a Training Room and went about testing my theory, without costing my team a possible victory in a regular battle, should things go terribly wrong. Just a warning, the video is pretty boring, since the all my opponents were defensive aircraft and one bot as an enemy....


 The gist of this experiment was to see the maximum altitude I could drop the bombs from and still have a reticle of some kind (2399 meters seems to be the cap), how long it took for the bombs to come back (a very, very long time) and get in rear gunner practice (which didn't amount to much).

No comments:

Post a Comment