Thursday 14 December 2017

Return of the Tsar


It was May 18th, 2014 and I put my first tier X aircraft into my hangar, the IL-40P.

Back then, I was focused and determined to reach to the very top of the tiers and used the Soviet Attack Aircraft line to make that possible. During those times, players who flew these perceived-to-be-invincible aircraft would irritate the enemy teams with quick ground hitting, run and hide tactics, stealing away a victory for their team through a Supremacy count-out. Other players would break out of the class limitations and take their GA's into air-to-air combat, shocking red team players and cause a few uproars on the forums. Those were the good times.

This was the era of 1.3 and it was a very different game from what 2.0 is now. Sadly, I chose not to experience much of that in my new prize and after two battles, one defeat and one victory, I parked the 40P and went on to other projects.

Now, over three years later and somewhat inspired by comments of a certain player, I decided to take out this forgotten hangar queen and see if I could create some inspiration of my own.

Perhaps, I should have mapped out the rocket and bomb buttons first....




A bit of a correction here, it turns out that I did have the rocket and bomb keys mapped out.

After I watched the video and relaunched the game to review the weapons load-out, I discovered a glitch. Although the hangar showed rockets and bombs were indeed mounted, I had to remove and reinstall them to be registered as active. Tested this out in a Training room to confirm the keys were truly mapped and the ordinance was available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment