Sunday 10 December 2017

Four to the D, One to the W


Sometimes, I just don't know when to hold them, fold them, or when to walk away.

World of Warplanes is a lot like a like Poker, you could be dealt a game winning Royal Flush, other times it's nothing more than a questionable Pair. However, a player who knows how to read and interpret the Mini-Map can easily call obvious Bluffs.

This session was a frustrating one, with the first four battles ending in defeats.

From the onset, both teams seemed to be reasonably balanced, but I felt confident that my team held the better cards. As certain battles unfolded, the good guys were quick to capture some areas, slower on others and even a few times, cashing in to collect the pot appeared to be a certainty.

Slowly, as the sorties progressed, I realized my teammates were throwing away their good cards and building much weaker hands from the ones they were picking up. My cards were just being taken right out of my hand, despite the ever increasing grip I had on them.

At Battle Three, I came close to Folding and just walking away, but had this feeling the next round would be mine. Turned out the timing was a little off and I would finally collect a decent Straight Flush on Battle Five....

No comments:

Post a Comment