Thursday 21 December 2017

Bomber Bust


A few years ago, I had the distinct pleasure of scratching a real "bucket list" plane of my list.

Located on Vancouver Island, just off the coast of British Columbia, there is fantastic facility called the British Columbia Aviation Museum. Placed right in the middle of this place was this license built Bristol Blenheim, but in Canada, it was known as the Bolingbroke. Produced by Fairchild Aircraft Ltd. Canada, over 620 of these aircraft would take part in World War Two performing two key roles, maritime patrols and crew training. Few of these planes survive to today.

Pictured above is me and my son, as I talked him through an impromptu tour and shared everything I knew about the craft at the time (My wife and I took a pile of pictures, inside and out).

Long ago, I pitched the idea of introducing this aircraft as a premium offering in World of Warplanes http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/22211-okay-i-have-found-my-canadian-bacon-for-your-premium-consideration/ but that idea didn't carry on for long.

Despite that, the plane exists (more or less) in World of Warplanes as the original Bristol Blenheim at tier IV in the British Heavy Fighter tree and now as a tier III Premium Bomber. Before you watch the video that ties into all of this, take a moment and give this bronze plague image a good look over....


No comments:

Post a Comment