Saturday 23 December 2017

Bolingbroke and Other Babbling

 
Thanks to a fantastic skin created by hawkeyededic, my recently acquired tier III Blenheim Mk.IV bomber has become a Bolingbroke.

Although not quite the one I saw with my own eyes (I wonder if I could talk him into doing that for me?), but it does have that historically correct look. If you are looking to get this for yourself, click here for the write up and instructions.


Speaking of flying bombers, I have a long ways to go in terms of matching the skill and results levels I have seen in other players (a few wield this aircraft like some new found aerial sorcery, I am in awe), if that ever comes to pass. This victory is more credited to the team I was on, rather than the actions I didn't partake in.

While I am on the subject of low tiered premiums, I see a few folks out there complaining about receiving the tier II Boeing YP-29 from a bonus code that is currently in circulation (and I am a bit disappointed the Christmas plane this year is the tier III Curtiss F-11C). My advice on selling either or both is don't and here's a few reasons why.

If it's for collecting the credits and hangar slots, I would recommend having a higher tiered premium in the hangar before dismissing the unwanted lower tiered plane to the scrapyard. Playing the game and collecting tokens will allow players to purchase hangar slots and with all the codes that come out during the year, there is always something to save those players real world money. In the meantime, fly those Gifts/Rewards and build up the credit reserves as you climb up through the tiers.

Premium aircraft, tier IV and below, have a slightly higher credit earning potential (on average) than the same tiered tech tree planes (some exceptions do apply). However, premium aircraft tier V and above, that credit modifier increases (I don't have those exact figures in front of me). Once again, there are many ways to put these higher tiered Gold planes into your possession, like the contest I am hosting and promotional codes (like the recent round of IL-2 (mod) - SE 100 - XFL 1 giveaways) and other means.

However, if you are determined to sell off these aircraft, then go for it. I offer the above as advice, not a command/directive on how to manage your game, so take it as you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment