Monday 20 November 2017

アンシャープモダンソード

Back in August of 2017, I wrote this about the tier VIII J7W1 Shinden, sharing my thoughts and comments for a particular battle....
_________________________________________________________________________________


It has been quite some time since I last flew the Kyushu J7W1 Shinden and was somewhat surprised to see a rather large amount of banked experience when I took to the skies in it today. I had two choices, go for the mid-grade engine or the next set of weapons, over stock. After a few minutes of seriously considering the options, such as a slightly better damage output potential, at the expense of a greatly reduced firerate, I opted for the engine and hopped it was the better decision.

Up until a certain part of the following battle, things were looking pretty good and I felt assured the new engine had worked out just fine. Then, I touched wings with a teammate and what happened after that was more of a pleasant surprise than I expected....

 __________________________________________________________________________________

Fast foreword to November and take note of how things are so very different....


Wow, huh?

Granted, I didn't fly the Shinden in the same manner as before, but I can't be the only one who saw a few things....wrong with the second video. Before, the J7W1 could nearly pivot in a pinpoint, now, it takes the whole acre to complete a turn? Never advertised as a solid climber, the reduced engine power to do so from before is noticeable immediately. Also, it seems the vulnerability factor with the aircraft and pilot has had the threshold adjusted and not for the better either.

Despite the weapons still suffering from rapid overheating, the damage they dealt was nearly on par with 1.9 days, since I was able to land a few seriously critical shots on some targeted aircraft. Having said that, it appears from my perspective, those IL-20's and NC 1070's are a whole lot harder to take down.

I am rather disappointed with the J7W1, expecting it to perform close to the same levels as I flew it in the previous version. However, the game has changed and sadly, the Shinden did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment