Saturday 11 November 2017

Blasting in a Boeing


During this brief return to the post-2.0 era of World of Warplanes, I have decided to take a look at a few aircraft that I felt were underwhelming in previous versions.

One of them was the tier III premium Boeing YP-29 Fighter.

If memory serves me correctly, this aircraft suffered from a severely under-powered engine and thus, a less than average climb rate, hampered by low operational altitude. And, don't get me started on the guns....

I collected mine back October 2014 as a mission reward for the "Rare Challenge" event taking place then, a companion for my Open Beta Token purchase, the premium tier III Brewster Buffalo F2A-1. Although armed the same, the Boeing paled in comparison to the "Betalo" in most areas that really counted, so I didn't fly it nearly as much as the other.

However, like all the other changes that have taken place, I figured I would see if time had been kind to the cancelled prototype successor to the famous Boeing P-26 Peashooter....


No comments:

Post a Comment