Sunday 12 November 2017

A Squirrely Little Bird


By now, I believe that a quite a few players in World of Warplanes have completed all the tasks and put the new Soviet tier IV I-207 multirole fighter in their hangars. If you happen to be one of those who haven't yet, I would recommend seriously considering it, before time runs out.

For me, collecting the plane took around ten battles (hard to get a few meaningful wins to count towards the mission), but decided to wait a day before taking out on it's first flight. That turned out to be a disaster.

Without going into great detail, let's sum it up to poor ping and packet loss.

After that band of internet bad weather passed, I took to the skies again and....well....yeah....had my "worst" fought victory as of yet....


I freely admit I did a lot of things wrong, from not paying attention to what was going on around me, pushing a brand new plane beyond it's limits and becoming target fixated on one of the top players in the game, while they were in a flight (in fact, the only flight in the whole match was on the enemy team).

The Borovkov-Florov I-207/4 is, from my experience and appearance, a biplane variant of the Polikarpov I-16. If you happen to be a fan of those aircraft, then you would be right at home in this one, since decent armament and fantastic maneuverability, but poor damage absorption are their shared traits.

I am not sure if it was me or my computer (with focus on my graphics card), but either I couldn't keep up with how the plane was over-maneuvering in the environment or the rendering of what was going on wasn't happening fast enough.

Despite the multiple deaths that broke the system on my end, the aircraft is a lot of fun, much like trying to pet a really rambunctious, but caged bird.

Just be careful not to get pecked.

No comments:

Post a Comment