Monday 16 October 2017

Ring my Bell!


Although I can't quite put my finger on why, but I have always been drawn to the unique design of the Bell P-39 Airacobra. Perhaps, it was the unusual mid engine layout, or even it's odd football-with-wings shape, I have given up trying to rationalize the draw to it long ago. Despite that, I had never owned any prototype or production version in Planes, until now.

Part of the recent Corsair Promotion, along with the French SE 100 Heavy Fighter, I have now put the Naval prototype, tier V XFL Airabonita into my fleet.

The armament configuration isn't new, two machine guns supporting a heavy, large caliber cannon, many other aircraft in the game have this kind of setup. It was the low to mid altitude maneuverability and weapons package together I was looking forward to, especially with the changes in 2.0.

I have flown this before, including the higher tiered, Soviet marked P-39Q-15 in previous CT servers and produced mixed results based on the mechanics and adversaries of those pre-2.0 versions.

But that was then, this is now....


Despite most of the damage I am producing comes from the machine guns, when I do score a hit on the proverbial mosquito with the big meteor cannon, it hurts them, badly. So far, the XFL is doing alright, more flights and practice might help. Perhaps, it's time to consider putting a higher tiered, better armed Bell P-63 Kingcobra into the game?

A strategy I have been experimenting with is assisting with capturing the nearest points, defending those areas as much as possible and when the Squall Line is activated (when respawning is turned off), go on the offensive against enemy aircraft. So far, it appears to be working not too bad, if I can maintain some consistency. A few more battles will show me if I am on the right track with this, or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment