Friday 20 October 2017

Brokenhearted Hurricane


If you have been following me for any length of time in the past, you may recall my previous comments about the only Hawker Hurricane currently in World of Warplanes. If you are new to this topic, then I will bring you up to speed by saying it has been a relatively constant exercise in disappointment.

To summarize, the Hawker Hurricane IID has been an aircraft suffering from a chronic identity crisis. Relabeled as a Multirole shortly after it's introduction to the game, it flies and fights unlike it's designation. In my (and a few others) opinion, it is a British version of the German Junkers Ju 87G or all gun Stuka variant attack aircraft of the same tier. Why this hasn't been seriously considered and corrected yet?

However, with the sweeping changes that came in Update 2.0, I figured I would see if the Hurricane benefited in any way with the recent game overhaul....


Despite the outcome, I wasn't pleased with my own performance in this aircraft, at all. In the pre-2.0 days, I was able to figure out and make the Hurricane be somewhat more effective in aerial combat, in this post-2.0 era, I was struggling and fighting with it in just about every way possible.

The Hawker climbs much better than before, but those big 40mm cannons were hard to aim and hit a target for meaningful damage. The plane just can't take a hit itself (the real ones were built mostly of wood, that bit of historical accuracy feels a little over exaggerated now) and the engine boost seems to be exhausted too quickly, when compared with other aircraft of the same class and tier.

Too bad, I had high hopes, but for me, it's grounded, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment