Wednesday 19 April 2017

A Hawk in the Kiddie Pool


The Mission in World of Warplanes is called Taste of Victory, the requirements are win 5 battles while flying a Multirole Fighter or a Heavy Fighter.

Sounds simple enough, right? There are some out there who have the ability to complete all three portions of this task and give off the perception that it took very little effort to accomplish it. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. In fact, it took three attempts to collect on the tier I through IV reward.


In keeping with an unintentional American theme set by flying the Mustang H, I trundled down to the lower tiers in my tier II premium F11C-2 Multirole Fighter. There, I faced a two person flight on the enemy team flying I-15's, was killed in the first minute and the whole battle was over shortly after that. Next, a lone player flying a I-15 proceeded to somehow dominate my entire team and flew circles around me, like I was frozen in the air. Another quick defeat to lift my spirits up.

I don't spend a lot of time in the lower tiers, so I have no idea what are the current player's favorites to fly (you know, that certain crowd and their plane choices). Plus, I have gotten rid of any lower tiered tech tree aircraft long ago, leaving my choices limited to the premiums I have earned or collected over the years and just make do with them. Sometimes, this has put me at a real disadvantage.

However, the old saying goes, "the third time's the charm" and I decided to switch aircraft. Video created from end game action and a replay....

No comments:

Post a Comment